For those who would want to tie their Aso Oke gele by themselves here are 10 easy steps that you should follow;
- Start by folding in the ends of the gele, this would make a smooth base for the edge.
- Wrap the Gele around the head, from the back to the front ensuring that the two ends are equal.
- Take the left side and wrap it over the right side around the ear, secure it.
- Now take the right side and cross it over to the back of the head securing it with your hands at the back.
- Begin to measure and arrange the layers of the gele, do this at the right side and the back. Squeeze the ends to form a fan, ensure that the left side is firmly gripped.
- Repeat step five on the other side.
- Tie both ends close to you into a neat knot to secure the grip.
- Make sure the highest point of the gele is the middle after arranging the two layers that would have formed.
- Start moving each layer to the front by folding in little steps, and pleats. Make sure they are defined and well put together.
- Push the gele away from the face to give it the designed lift.
If you didn’t understand this steps then watch the tutorial video below;